Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance Diet is a complete bird food for small psittacines and passerines. This nutritionally complete small bird food, formulated in multi-sized particles, can be used as the primary diet for nonbreeding birds.
- Multi-sized extruded form – Varying particles provide enrichment. Extruded form prevents sorting of ingredients and helps reduce the risk of nutrient deficiencies.
- Better than pellets – Less fines and increased digestibility.
- Better than seeds – Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Reduced diet preparation – Less time chopping fruit and veggies.
- Formulation allows for supplementation with species appropriate food items – Can include up to 20% (by weight) of diet as produce, seeds, etc. to encourage natural feeding behaviors and for training and enrichment.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
- Natural sources of pigments and antioxidants.
Product Form: Extruded feed: 2 particle sizes
Change birds gradually to Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance Diet, replacing 10% of seed (or current diet) with Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance Diet each day for 10 days. Monitor the birds weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. If the bird is losing weight, or is not consuming the product, offer a mix of 50% seed and 50% Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance Diet and start the conversion from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Small Bird Maintenance Diet the excreta will be a brown-green color. Feed this diet to non-breeding birds after their first molt.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75ºF or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing will not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Flaxseed, Glyceryl Monostearate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Soybean Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Wheat Germ, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Propionate (a Preservative), L-Lysine, Salt, DL-Methionine, Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Stabilized Vitamin C), Choline Chloride, Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Beta Carotene, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Form of Vitamin E), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E), Cholecalciferol, Rosemary Extract, Folic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Citric Acid, Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin, Tagetes (Aztec Marigold) Extract (Color), Calcium Iodate, Zinc Oxide, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Nicotinic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, L-Tryptophan, Zinc Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.
There are no reviews yet.