Mazuri® Large Bird Diet is a complete bird food for large psittacines. This nutritionally complete parrot food, formulated in multi-sized particles, can be used as the primary diet for nonbreeding birds.
- Mixed particle size – Provides enrichment by encouraging natural foraging behavior.
- Better than seeds – Less waste (20-50% of seed weight is hulls).
- Contains omega-3 Fatty acids – Helps support the immune system.
- No artificial colors or flavors.
Product Form: Extruded feed: 3 particle sizes.
Product Size: 3 lb. resealable poly bag.
|Crude protein not less than
Crude fat not less than
Crude fiber not more than
Moisture not more than
Ash not more than
Vitamin E not less than
Omega 3 fatty acids not less than
Total Microorganisms not less than
(Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, Bifidobacterium thermophilum, Enterococcus faecium)*
*Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Feed free choice to non-breeding birds and provide fresh food daily. A 1 lb (450 g) bird will typically eat between 1/3 to ½ cup (33 – 40 g) per day, while a 2 lb (900 g) bird may consume between 2/3 to 1 cup (66 – 80 g) per day. Fresh fruits, vegetables and seeds may be provided, but no more than 20% of the total diet.
To switch birds to this diet, gradually replace your old diet with this diet at the rate of 10% per day. Do not overfeed during this transition time and monitor your bird to be sure it is eating the new diet.
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% old diet and 50% Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease. If the bird is consuming the Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance Diet, the excreta will be a brownish-green color.
For best results, ensure polybag seal is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open paper sack in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Freezing with not harm the diet and may extend freshness. Adhere to the “Best if used by” date or use with 1 year of bag manufacturing.
Ground Corn, Wheat Middlings, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Soybean Oil, Flaxseed, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Wheat Germ, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Propionate (a Preservative), Salt, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Vitamin C), Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Choline Chloride, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Beta Carotene, D-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Form of Vitamin E), Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols (Form of Vitamin E), Cholecalciferol, Rosemary Extract, Folic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Citric Acid, Canthaxanthin (color), Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin, Calcium Iodate, Zinc Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Nicotinic Acid, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.
There are no reviews yet.